Motherhood is chaotic, however we are here to equip you will some pro mommy tips to help you survive this wild life!
1. The closest open spot to the store is not the best spot. It is the spot next to the carts that is the most efficient. When you are trying to wrangle a baby and a cart-full of groceries, it’s so much better when you don’t have to walk away so far just to return your cart. And please, don’t be that lady who shoves a cart into the next available parking spot. We really hate that lady.
Image via: Elevendy.com
2. When packing a diaper bag for a newborn, pack a clean shirt for you and your husband too. This way you will be prepared for the next time you daughter decides to give you back her lunch. So many parts of motherhood are out of your control, so it's great to be extra prepared for the moments you can be. You and your spouse will be very happy to have a clean shirt to put on after your baby has an unexpected accident.
Image Via: MomJunction
3. Stop thinking about schedules the first few months. Your baby doesn’t understand it. She just ate an hour ago and she’s still being fussy? Whether you nurse or bottle feed, just feed your baby again! They are not capable of emotional eating. They will stop when they feel full. Remember, they are growing so fast in such a short amount of time. They go thru so many growth spurts so it only makes sense that they are always hungry. Think of baby’s feeding schedule as more like a suggestion, not the rule.
Image via: Pregnancy and Baby
4. When you little one is crabby and grumpy and you’re nearly at the end of your rope, put him in a costume he loves to wear. He's still crabby but it makes dealing with the fits a lot easier. The absurdity of a baby rolling around crying in a cute costume melts away the stress pretty fast. Your mental health is vital to surviving the battles of motherhood, so go ahead and have a laugh every once in awhile.
Image Via: Mommyish
5. You only need two nursing bras—wear it in the shower with you when you lather up then hang it up when you are done. Voila! We just blew your mind right there didn’t we? Your time and money as a mom are so valuable. You will need to account for each cent and minute, so don't waste those precious resourses where you don't need too!
Image Via: Baby Center
6. Just sing. Never underestimate the power of your voice—even if you’re not American Idol material. Some babies won’t take a pacifier and singing can work wonderfully! Watch baby get frustrated and all it will take is "the itsy bitsy spider" and she’ll likely cheer up. Your voice is a powerful tool. They've been listening a long time.
Image Via: Tesco Baby
7. If you are going to bottle feed exclusively, don’t warm the milk! Trust me; baby will drink the milk at room temperature. Cold even! They don’t mind. You will save yourself a ton of grief over early morning feeds when all you have to do is keep pre-measured water and formula on your nightstand and you’re good to go…no more stumbling into the kitchen to run the bottle warmer. No more waiting while baby screams for food! And the best part: No worrying about milk temps even when you are out and about!