Here are some guidelines to help you organize your coupons! Keep in mind there are LOTS of ways to organize your coupons. It’s most important to find the system that will work best for you.
First of all you need to decide: Do I want to only clip the coupons I plan to use, do I want to clip out all coupons I find to have options, or do I want to keep the entire page a coupon if found on and then clip it on an “as needed” basis?
After deciding what coupons you wish to save, comes the method of how you plan to keep organized!
1. Develop a filing system. One commonly used method by couponers is to organize their coupons by grocery category- meats, dairy, frozen foods, kitchen staples, etc. Another commonly used method is to categorize by large sections such as cosmetics, food, clothes, etc. and then alphabetize. There are plenty of methods, find the one that works best for you.
2. Have a place to hold your coupons. Use a storage container, a coupon binder, a recipe box, a shoebox even because it really doesn’t matter what you choose as long as you keep all your coupons in the same place.
3. Always file coupons as soon as you can. It’s best to file them the same day but we know that’s not always possible. Make sure to make the time to file your coupons as part of your daily or weekly schedule. Filing coupons sooner will prevent them from getting lost or having a huge pile to sort through on a later date.
4. Use them regularly. Expired coupons won't save you money, so make sure to use them.
5. Throw away old one- Make time to go through your coupons and dispose of the ones that have expired. This is a very important step to keeping organized!